By: StreeNews Network
In her second book ‘You Are My Star’, Salma Prabhu, renowned clinical psychologist, career counsellor, author and environmentalist not only narrates her own journey of becoming a remedial educator and trainer, but also provides checklists and intervention methods to prevent learning difficulties in children of all age groups. The book also talks of the success stories of few stars who are now shining brightly after having undergone intervention with her and her organization.
Dr. Madhuri Kulkarni, a pioneer at Sion hospital in starting the Learning Disability clinic launched the book recently and gave wonderful insights into her own journey. Rukshana Sholapurwala, another stalwart who has been instrumental in getting provisions for children with learning disabilities was also present on the occasion along with Dr. Niraj Ravani, renowned Psychiatrist of Navi Mumbai and who has helped hundreds of children with ADHD, Dr. Varsha Bhagat, Director of Educational Training Center of NMMC and Ms Netra Shirke, NMMC corporator. Two of the stars of the success stories and their parents were also present and shared their journey with the audience.
The highlights of the book include:
- It reveals that acceptance level has gone high as parents have given their real name and narrated their stories.
- Learning difficulties are real neurological disorders and not some escape children use to get provisions.
- The success stories give a hope to other children to integrate in the main stream.
- The book could be used as a checklist to nip it in the bud and prevent any severity in the disorder.
- Anyone in the world can relate to the book and find solutions.
The book is available by calling on 9322851484 and will be soon available on amazon.in along with her previous bestseller, ‘Mom Dad U R Wonderful’.